Subject: [Leica] Housekeeping: some guidelines
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:37:17 -0600

Housekeeping: some guidelines

We ask that messages about buying and selling cameras be restricted to
Friday. If you face ruin or shame from waiting until Friday to announce
your desire to buy or sell, no one will punish you, but we would prefer
that
you mind your manners and limit such postings to Fridays.

Please do not use the LUG to publicise activities at public commerce
sites such as eBay. We all know how to look there if we are interested,
and if
we are not interested, we don't want to read about it here. If you are a
shopkeeper or a manufacturer and you believe that your wares are of
value to the LUG members, you may from time to time remind us of the
existence of
your business.

The most important rules for the LUG are:

1. Take pictures.
2. Criticize photographs and cameras, not people.
3. Be silent when you think someone needs to be argued with.
4. Take the high road.

Here are the never-changing reminders:

1. Almost nobody ever changes their opinion of another person as a
result of a message you send criticizing him. They are more likely to
change their opinion of you.

2. If you said it once, and nobody listened, saying it again louder and
more forcefully is not going to change anything.

3. Mix Xtol with distilled water, no matter what Mark Rabiner tells you.
He must live in a town with magic water. His photographs prove that he
doesn't need distilled water, but ordinary mortals do.