Subject: Re: [Leica] shall I bother? was 0.85 v 0.72 etc
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:02:55 -0500

Sandy,

As a member of the LUG frequent-flamed club, let me offer the following
suggestions:

(1) Never say anything positive about a non-Leica camera. It will be
construed as saying something negative about Leica.

(2) Never say anything nice about anyone. It will be construed as
brown-nosing or patronizing.

(3) Never ask for help. It will be construed as you either being stupid or
a troll.

(4) Never let on that someone hurt your feelings. It will be construed as
your being a wimp and will only encourage others to join in the attack.

About the only way to survive unscathed on this list is to either (1) lurk
without speaking, (2) be a total prick so you won't be noticed, or (3)
laugh off the paranoia of others. I try to stick to #3. I have no idea why
people on this forum are so hostile, but it's too useful to me as a source
of information for me to consider unsubscribing.

Hope that helps. (oh s**t, I just acted concerned! Take cover!!)

JefferySmith