Subject: [Leica] R8 Drive problem solved
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 12:16:28 -0700

Just thought a positive reply ( and a Thank You, Ted ) might be appropriate
for the problem I mentioned last week. It was not the R8's fault! I reported
that the R8 was continuing to cycle the motor drive, even at the end of the
roll. Turns out the problem was due to torn sprocket holes at the end of the
film. I had run a test roll of old Ritz film through the camera, probably
three or four times. Turns out that the camera sprockets had started to tear
the holes in the film, enough that the motor would still wind forward, yet
the rewind button would grip OK. I finally opened the camera back without
rewinding and saw the problem.

Anyway, the R8 is in fine shape, the Ritz film got tossed, and from now on,
for my junk test film, I'll stick to good old, tough Seattle Film Works.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger