Subject: RE: [Leica] Hypocrisy !!!!!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:34:07 -0400

Why?

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Nathan
Wajsman
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 4:58 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Why, oh why, oh why, does anyone care? Unless, of course, they have a
close
> friend who plays on one of the teams? And over the outcome of one of these
> "games" people on this list turn on each other?

Because people have been enjoying spectator sports for thousands of years
and
for the past several decades football/soccer has been the world's most
popular
sport by far. And the World Cup is the greatest event of this most popular
sport
on earth. That's why.

A Brazilian once said, "you can get divorced from your spouse, but once a
supporter of a particular club, that's a commitment for life" (I have
slightly
paraphrased the quote for our PC day and age). No other sport elicits such
passions.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman