Subject: Re: [Leica] Developing Tech Pan film with all of the shadow detail lost.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:39:11 -0700

Albert Wang wrote:

> Hi Leica folks,
>
> I'm interested in shooting Tech Pan film with the intent purpose of
> developing with total loss of shadow details and hard-edges being prominent.
> The effect I'm looking for is similar to the movie poster for CQ at:
> http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1804536445&intl=us . The client
> is interested in having a retro look.
>
> Photoshop is nice but I don't have access to it. I presume that I can get
> this look developing Tech Pan in T-Max developer or Rodinal?
>
> Cool beans, Alfie

I'd not start out with the information not being there.
Run your Tech pan in Rodinal 1:100 or maybe 1:150.
You'll get most of your shadows unless you under expose.
But then darken them or just take them out with Photoshop.
Is this a retro look?
When i think old photos i think the shadows are there but the highlights
might be washed out.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com