Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: homemade stop bath
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:30:31 -0300

J. Gilbert Plantinga wrote:

> On Monday, June 24, 2002, at 04:27  PM, brad daly wrote:
>
>> quick.  i just finally finished unpacking my darkroom.  i'm out of stop
>> bath and don't feel like trekking to the store to get some.  i was
>> thinking of just mixing up my own using vinegar.  about what ratio of
>> vinegar to water should i use, and about how many 11x14s should i
>> anticipate on getting?
>
> And
>
>> On Monday, June 24, 2002, at 04:33  PM, Brian Reid replied:
>>
>> Water works just fine.
>

> for FILM. I think Brad's talking about paper, but I don't have an answer
> to his question.
maybe a little bit of balsamic vinegar and some olive oil drops added to the
fixing bath... barbecue sauce for washing water...

twenty minutes drying at medium temperature and get served to the table.

hope you enjoy it.

well some people used to add some white vinegar to get water stopping bath
but I know there's specific acetic which I don't use. Never, film or paper.
Never.

Pablo