Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Lettering - DR. BLACKTAPE IS...
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:48:40 -0600

Hi Gene,

Your post will now be followed by a number of posts pointing out that
thieves aren't that smart to recognise a Leica (cue Marc...) and then a
couple of counter posts saying how one lugger was mugged in the back streets
of Saigon by a guy who said - "hey - a Leica M4 black paint model" grabbed
it from his scooter and took off...

honestly! (and if they don't post you can always check the archives...

But the general consensus is thieves don't know the difference - it already
looks like someone's granddads old camera and ain't worth much..

tim