Subject: [Leica] G8 Protests Calgary Style
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:34:30 -0600

I 'm back from a day of photographing today's G8 protests. I managed to
shoot three rolls, mostly on the go, as today's protests were carried on
"snake like" twisting and turning through the downtown core.

I'd estimate the crowd at approximately 1,000 protesters, 500 cops on
bicycles, motorcycles and 200 photographers/videographers and reporters.
Onlookers varied in number from a few hundred to a few thousand
depending on location.

The atmosphere was festive and this had to be the nicest, politest group
of protesters I've ever seen. No bad language, lots of pardon me's
dancing and singing. Typical Canadian in nature.

Only problem I had was a surly Calgary cop who didn't appreciate having
his picture taken on his rather smallish off-road motorbike. Perhaps
Sonny could suggest some Photoshop enhancements to his photo before I
send it on to the station house?

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] G8 Protests Calgary Style)