Subject: [Leica] Hello & checking in
From: bennett <3bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:19:35 +0100

Hey Nigel,

How are you doing and where are you now (still in L.A./newly in L.V.)? I
haven't seen any messages from you on the LUG of late, and figured you
might be in the process of moving. Whatever you're up to, hope it's going
well.

Any Leica news? Over here (we're still in Paris, where *everybody* has a
camera strapped to his person), been seeing more than a few photographers
running around with Leica gear. Mostly M6s, never M7s. In fact, stopped by
La Maison du Leica a couple of weeks ago, and there wasn't even any M7
"literature," let alone an actual camera.

I've been shooting quite a bit (for me) - about 11 rolls since I got here a
month ago, which is a lot more than I usually shoot. Have also seen a
couple of good photography exhibits, notably one by William Klein at the
Maison Européenne de la Photographie - hundreds of gigantic prints in b&w
and color, all done with Leicas (what else?). Paris is definitely a
photography city.

Wanted to check in with you about the Noctilux I bought at the end of last
year. I've still not heard anything from Leica on that account and am a bit
worried that whatever paperwork is involved might have gone astray, not
only for the rebate, but more importantly for the passport. Could you look
into this? Could I? I just want to make sure that they've got a record that
I purchased the lens so that - should anything happen - it'll be under
warantee.

Thanks in advance & say hello to Paula.

All the best,

Guy

P.S. And let us know what you guys are up to.