Subject: Re: [Leica] Brasil wins World Soccer Cup
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:14:23 -0300

Amilcar de Oliveira wrote:

> War is a game, for those who just sit back and pull the strings...and
> only sometimes get entangled in them, like that unspeakable Argentinian
> general (can't remember his name) in the aftermath of the Falklands war,
> who said in surprise on TV, "But the British came armed for Russians!".
> Perhaps Pablo will remember this.
>
> Amilcar
>

> S Dimitrov wrote:
>>
>> Kriegspiel, and not its diminutive board variant, is a sacred and
>> hollowed activity. Of course, we can't forget that there is an 'order of
>> battle' with its proscribed rules.
> --

I don't know exactly that phrase whose belongs to but I think and doesn't
surprise me that could be General Galtieri, then president of Argentina when
the Falklands/Malvinas war. He was a real drunk man. He used to say that
sort of stupid stuff. You all should figure it out, a poor argentinean sob
trying to do demagogy  when his own government was about to fall down.
I, as many others in Argentina, think he's the real guilty for so much lives
lost at that stupid war. Sure there many more things to talk about but
that's another story.

Saludos

Pablo

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Brasil wins World Soccer Cup)