Subject: Re: [Leica] Canuck wilderness [was: M7 Photo]
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:32:52 EDT

3bennett@wanadoo.fr writes:

> >just back from a backpacking/canoe trip in the Canuck wilderness... thought
>  >about taking the digicam but the thought of all that water and no
>  >electricity made a nonsense of it... so packed an M4-P, 24mm & 28mm
Elmarit
>  >+ the voigtlander 15mm and a lightmeter. It all went in one of those tiny
>  >pelican 1200 cases and survived moose, bear, snapping turtles, downpours,
>  >backpacking, gruelling portages, water snakes and flying squirrels. In
fact
>  >the Leica came back in a lot better shape than I did.
>  >[snip]
>  >John Brownlow

>  John,

>  You mean you went out of your way to get "moose, bear, snapping turtles,

>   Guy

...........with nothing longer than a 28mm????? Will you get yo'se'f outta
here!!

Ann and I just returned from Alaska where we saw and shot, photographically
speaking, moose, bear, caribou, wolves, whales, orcas and a gazillion bald
eagles. My 180/2,8 Elmarit wasn't long enough. Discovered in the process that
my 2X Extender-R doesn't function on an SL. Hadn't realized that I had the
R-extender.

Seth        LaK 9