Subject: [Leica] HotBuys Electronics
From: Biogon44@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:09:34 -0400

I bought a pair of Zeiss binoculars from them some time ago.  The price was attractive but this company engaged in tactics somewhat similar to 'bait and switch'.  They told me that the binoculars being sold at this price was not T* coated and told me that I was better off buying the coated binoculars  from them at a higher price.  I checked with Carl Zeiss in the USA and they informed me that all Zeiss binoculars made for many years had T* coating.  I did finally purchase this item from at an attractive price but found out that the packaging was originally made  for sale in Germany and lacked a leather case.  This item is quite expensive when bought separately from the binoculars.
The USA packaging does include this case.  I would be very careful in buying anything from them!