Subject: RE: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:50:07 +0200

<No, I pointed the camera at the floor to meter.  In tricky lighting
<situations, I try to find something that's about neutral gray - usually the
<floor or grass.
<The great thing about the M7 is that you don't have to fiddle with the
<aperture or shutter speed.  Just leave the aperture where you want it,
<point the camera at neutral gray, depress the shutter half-way to lock the
<exposure and re-frame the shot.  It's all much faster than it sounds and
<every frame that I took with the M7 is perfectly exposed.   I saved lots of
<film and got lots more usable shots.

Very well. But this has been made from the first automatic metering system
in any aperture priority camera. Select the light you consider most
representative, push half way to keep the measure, compose and shoot. Where
is the great thing? Rather I think is too late and this had to have been
done by Leica many, many years ago! By the way your picture plenty of human
and artistic values!

Kind regards

Felix