Subject: [Leica] Meter in Meter out
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:10:01 -0700

I have the highest regard of course for what Ted and Tina are saying
here about how the M7 is getting the shots.
It seems the camera just works.
And I've experienced something perhaps similar with an A sitting on a
Nikon. Aperture priority.
I've loved the gamut of high tech features on SLRs - used them for
years.

Then around the time i was getting a little sick of auto shutter or
aperture AF  as it was I got into Leica and unto the last minute was
going to go with an M4.
I was so used to getting reading with my hand held meters.

I'd get a reading and they blaze away!!
I'd thought of working that way was not slower but faster then shooting
with meters in a camera.

Seeing those red lights not light up all in a row on my M6 will slow me
down quite a lot.
Suckering me into adjusting for every shot.

But a M7 does it for your automatically!

How come when you don't do it at all it seems to come out also right on
the money?!

Go with the Force! That's what I say!!! (The Forces real name is "Gossen
Luna Pro")

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com