Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ted's slides
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:39:26 +0100

Ted

I have been interested reading your experiences of the M7 and those of Tina.
I guess if one was going to listen to two users in the field, it would be
difficult to find a better choice.

On a usability question, if you cannot find a mid-tone to meter from and
therefore meter off something else, say one stop brighter, how do you
overexpose by the required stop?  Do you use the exposure compensation dial
on the back of the camera?  If you have locked the exposure by half
depressing the shutter, can you open up the aperture by a stop and achieve
the required overexposure, or will the camera change the shutter speed
accordingly to keep the original aperture/shutter speed ratio?

I really didn't think I wanted an M7 but now you and Tina have got me
thinking hard about it!

Thanks.

Simon