Subject: Re: [Leica] The M6 Spotmeter
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 13:03:05 -0700

DFangon@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/1/02 6:01:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time, sonc@sonc.com
> writes:
>
> << Like measure highlights. Which for many people is what spot metering is
> all about.  >>
>
> Is it advisable to use spotmeter on the face of a subject with a strong
> backlight for portrait outdoors in the shade?  Just using my M6 metering and
> sometimes I underexpose the subject, sometimes I get it right.  What am I
> doing wrong or should I just have to avoid lighting situations like that
> altogether?
>
> Dante
> --

I avoid bringing my spot meter around because it has a lot of glass in
it, is heavy and i feel if it takes a good whack it will go out.
I need it for only my very important work.

And the larger the neg the more the chance of me using my spot meter.

Dante I'd say for strong backlit just open up a stop or two just like
the point and shoots do! Or run up to the person and get a reading of
their face.
:)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA