Subject: Re: [Leica] To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:05:51 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>

> Yes, adding something as basic as AE to the M6 is long overdue. So in that
> sense it's a "slam dunk." But adding a flash sync of, say, a 250th - or even
> a 125th, adding a shutter with a top speed of a 4000th - or even a 2000th...

increasing the top speed would have been very compelling to me, since i do
regularly use an ND filter (heliopan slim multicoated) to shoot the apertures
i want.  i have read and do recognize that increasing the speed beyond 1/1000
would have required certain technical compromises which may or may not have
been worth the extra speed.

the other thing would be to turn the shutter dial back around the right way!
:-)

the on-off switch is the best thing about the 7.  spinning my 6-classic
dials to "B" to turn them off and back is the worst thing about using them.

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey