Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 23:43:02 +0100

Hmm, what have I started here?  There are some things that make the M6/M7
capable that the Minolta and Canon cannot beat, such as the instantaneous
shutter release, capability to handhold to speeds as low as 1/8sec due to
the lack of vibration from the shutter and no mirror slapping about, use of
fast lenses (down to f/1) across just about the entire lens range, etc.

I think Tina presented some reasonable arguments for going with the M6/M7,
especially since her livelihood depends on it.  I do wonder whether others
who have a less pressing need for the M qualities could and will consider
the cheaper alternatives, especially as they could use the M lenses.

I just think that by moving towards automation with the M7, it will invite
comparison to the other bodies and the others may win the day.

Simon