Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie Question
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:55:01 -0500

> So, I just got my first Leica last Friday (black M6), and, upon reading
the
> owner's manual, I have one barely-on-topic question for the list:
>
> Is the ballet a lot more interesting in Germany than the U.S., or what?!

> ...Ron

Ron, since I am one of the very few LUG guys who have actually lived in
Wetzlar, (#5 Beethoven Strasse) outside of Leica staff members, I will tell
you that ballet is interesting anywhere.

The best ballet is always that which is not danced by people from your
hometown.  For example (zum beispeil) I had the opportunity to see this guy
dance in New Orleans.

http://www.sonc.com/onceupon.htm

Of course, he is not from New Orleans, so he is a better dancer than the
ones who actually lived there.   However, he is also not from Germany or the
U.S. so I guess he would be better in either country than he would be in the
place he left to become rich and famous.

All that said, I think I shot this with a Nikon, or maybe a Canon, but all
the while, I was wishing I had a Leica in my hand.  His dancing would have
been so much better if I had.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com