Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: "Jean Schiffeleers" <jean.schiffeleers@pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:21:14 +0200

Wel said Rei

Jean

- -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] Namens Rei Shinozuka
Verzonden: woensdag 3 juli 2002 12:44
Aan: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

> From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
>

> reasons I pay for Leicas
>
> * they are tiny compared to modern SLRs
> * the lenses are tiny compared to modern SLR lenses
> * the glass is wonderful
> * they are practically indestructible in everyday use and almost
totally
> weatherproof
> * the lenses are far more solid than most autofocus SLR lenses
> * the viewfinder is unique and allows you to selectively compose
without
> moving your eye
> * very quiet
> * don't draw much attention from non-pros

very good!  and while we're in an enumerative mood:

for me, a large part of the m6's charm is its distillation of size and
features to minimalism.   case in point, the m6 (classic) and lens has
exactly
11 controls: 1) shutter speed dial 2) shutter release 3) aperture ring
4)
focusing ring 5) film advance lever 6) rewind knob 7) rewind lever 8)
lens
release button 9) viewfinder frame selector 10) ISO meter setting and
11) bottom removal key.   of these 11 controls, only the first 4 affect
the
qualities of a specific image.

even i can keep track of 11 things without carrying the instruction book

around!

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com