Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2
From: Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 22:31:55 +0100

Wow, you guys can certainly whinge.  Save the bandwidth.  If this bothers
you all so much, why not just go and do your own thing.  As Ted said, it
ain't rocket science.

This was a project initiated within the LUG to commemorate the 50th
anniversary of the original FOM.  LUG idea, LUG project, LUG content, LUG
rules.  If commemorating the 50th anniversary of the original FOM means so
much to you all, why didn't you do it.  Now that someone has, and wants to
keep it within the camera community that he is in, and keep it to a
manageable size, you and others have decided it is a good idea and want to
be part of it.

Well, that's tough.  I look forward to your FOM3, open to the world, using
any camera and lens, with 50,000 entries per year from which the committee
chooses 100.  That should keep the judges fully occupied - 1000 images a
week to review, or 1 image every ten minutes.  Good luck.

Simon