Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 20:19:46 -0300

colin wrote:

> Uh, no.  All the information required is on the FOM2 web site.

You're really missing the point, Colin.

FOM2 project must be based on what many years ago was the original Family of
Man project.
Then, be sure you'll find everything concerning to FoM2 project at the good
en generous Alastair's site.
But I was trained to go further, to read more than written words, to feel,
interpret and so on. To search, to research for every project I faced, as a
photographer as well as I would do if I were of any other profession.
You can imagine countless situations in which you have to be based on to
better face new works, projects... that's the way architects work, doctors,
scientists, lawyers, graphic designers, film makers, artists...
Photographers who work on commercial photography too. And photographers
working on a well defined project as the one under discussion would have to
do it too.

Now, if you don't like to, don't want to, or you simply refuse to do that...
it's up to you. That way you'll be running the way of luck and maybe lack
too. Otherwise if you feed yourself up with some extra knowledge, history, a
little piece of culture you'll be running through easier, safer...

IMO

Pablo