Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW Prints - Tom Smart
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:32:48 -0400

"Thomas Mitchell" <thomasmitchell1@qwest.net> wrote
regarding Tom Smart's new PAW page  http://www.sleepytom.com/PAW/ :

>  Tom,
>
>  I like the shot of your daughter(?), very Alice in Wonderland in
>  perspective.  Too bad the big drink glass wasn't a bit further left.  My
>  favorite is the restaraunt and it's lighting, reminds me of something I once
>  saw in a dream.  I might crop a small sliver off the top and as the
>  photorapher, I would have been wishing for the chef to come closer.
>
>  Thomas

Thomas,

You nailed it for me;  the photo had a familiarity to me, with the odd colors,
the girl, wide eyed and dropped jaw, the checkerboard pattern, the big glass on
the foreground. It had a mesmerizing quality that I couldn't verbalize, which you did.
Alice in Wonderland indeed.  Tom Smart, your photos are not obvious.  I keep
coming back at them.

- - Phong