Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezotone seleniem inks.
From: clifford wright <skidoophoto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:38:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Darrell. I plan on ordering new inks later
today.
 As for the clogging with the old inks. I purchased
the pizography system with an Epson 3000 in October
and have had no clogging at all. I haven't even had to
clean the heads once. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe
the later Quad blacks were a bit better. Who knows?
All I know is I love piezography and doubt I'll ever
Clif

- --- Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Yes Clif I have used them for about three weeks.
> They
> work great, much better in terms of not clogging
> than
> the previous Quad Blacks. I use an Epson 3000 and it
> had terrible clogging problems with the old Quad
> Black
> inks. I could get maybe three prints out of a clean
> print head before clogging, then had to reload Epson
> inks to clear the heads...a real pain.
>
> Inkjetmall swapped them for me because of the
> clogging
> problems and the fact that I had just bought the
> Quad
> Blacks.  The new ink will clog a little. Typically
> it
> clogs (at least in my printer) only on the grey
> color
> loaded into the cyan channel. This usually happens
> once a day at start up, and occasionally again later
> in the day. Cleaning it out has been 90% of the time
> running one clean cycle from the printer driver, 10%
> of the time it requires a second cleaning cycle.
> While
> it would be nice not to waste ink doing the cleaning
> cycles at all, it is MUCH MUCH better than the old
> inks which were basically unusable in my printer.
>
> In terms of how they look on paper, the difference
> is
> so subtle that two prints held next to each other
> are
> hard to tell apart. I find the new inks just a bit
> more natural looking...look a bit more like a wet
> dark
> room print.
>
> I'd recommend them to you.  They do a great job of
> black and white, even with printing images from a
> modest scanner like an Epson 2450.
> --- clifford wright <skidoophoto@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone here used the new piezotone selenium
> > inks.
> > I'm really curious to hear a report.
> > Thanks,
> > Clif
> >
> > =====
> > "The eye is for looking, not for thinking." Marc
> > Riboud

=====
"The eye is for looking, not for thinking." Marc Riboud