Subject: [Leica] Display picture quality on leica-gallery
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 22:37:12 -0700

I just did an interesting experiment.  Exactly the same jpg file was
uploaded to my web site and to leica-gallery.  My wife and I agree that the
picture on leica-gallery is not as sharp as the one on my site.  But, they
came from the same file and appear to be about the same size on the screen.
Here are the URLs.  I wonder if the comparison is monitor dependent, if any
of you find the same result that I have. Leica-Gallery at
http://www.leica-gallery.net/herbk/image-29781.html
and the one one my web site at http://members.telocity.com/kanner/best.jpg.

I did note that the picture on my web site is 8 3/4" wide while that on
leica-gallery is 8 1/4 wide, so the latter site has done some re-sampling
and the loss of sharpness may be an artifact of the spacing of the fine
lines in the brickwork and the phosphor dot spacing on my monitor.

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Display picture quality on leica-gallery)