Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda long. ;-) - Now very OT
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 00:40:25 -0700 (PDT)

Phong wrote:

>  YEA!  They were probably able to win because a judge was realistic
enough to
>  see that the search was carried to far.
>
>  The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects us from
unreasonable
>  searches and seizures under both criminal and civil law.

Roland,
This must be a trivial lapse on your part.  The Second Amendment of the

US Constitution is the RKBA, not about search and seizure, and due
process.

- - - Phong

I can see some logic in it, though. If he is searched and happens to be
"packing iron", they have no right to confiscate it (2nd. Amendment).
However, they are entitled to say some pretty strong things about it
(1st. Amendment), to which he is not obliged to respond (5th.
Amendment).  ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray