Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Prices
From: "jan schuller" <janschuller@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:55:46 +0200

LUGers,

thanks for the advices on purchasing a Noct.
The topic of highly different prices seems to me particular interesting - in
view of the fact that the world gets smaller every day - at least for some
people.
Nathan's right about the extraordinary high prices for photographic
instruments in Switzerland. Lately the confiction grew on me that there
might be something I labelled the M6-Mafia: As the M7 came out, I expecteded
the prices for used M6's to drop. Unexpectedly (for me), two things
happened:

1.) At the moment used M6's seemed two have accumulated in one single shop
in ZH. Only very few can be found elsewhere.
To me, this was less pronounced, before the M7 came out.

2.) In this shop they are asking extraordinary 3000 - 3200 CHF (2014 - 2184
USD) which seems to me considerably more than a year ago.

I don't want to make up any theory though, since I don't have exact data.
Just anecdotal (-;

Jan