Subject: Re: [Leica] 12 or 16 mm white spot on M
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:05:46 -0700

Gene wrote::
> I just recently became a Leica user (exposed my first frame yesterday) and
> am quite excited with my new toy (er tool.) I find it difficult to
> understand your excitement about something that we (royal we, if you want
> think that Leica users don't own other equipment) have enjoyed for quite a
> while. This is not new technology. Would you expect anything less from one
> of the worlds foremost photographic manufacturers then to "get it right?"
>
> May I be so bold to suggest that the next thing the camera might do for
you
> is to focus itself. Then you could spend more time being critical of
> composition and concentrate on timing. M8 maybe?

Hi Gene,
Aaaaaah well gee whiz eh, new technology? Yep for a Leica! And even though
Noah was using AE on the Ark to photograph the animals arriving two by two,
it's still a new piece of action on a Leica rangefinder camera. ;-)

And seeing I've used Leicas since 1962, M6's for 15 years as a working
photojournalist and at the moment R8's and M7's with a couple of M6's still
kicking around here, I think I'm allowed a little excitement at the function
of the M7 AE in making my work - a - day photo life much easier.

And yes I've lots of time with Speed Graphics, Nikons, Canons and cameras
with AE lock, and I understand it's not a new gizmo. But the bottom line
is.."it is for Leica!" And yep the question remains.......... "Why didn't
they do it years ago"

I figure only the folks in Germany can give you an honest legitimate answer
to that one.

But for the moment I'm going to revel in this added touch to the Leica, as
I've already posted enough positive comments of how it's making my shooting
life and the consistent exposure results far better and faster capturing of
the moment than using an M6.

Glad to hear you've joined the group as a Leica user and hopefully you'll
have exposed many new negs and slides with the new machine over the coming
days..
ted

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] 12 or 16 mm white spot on M)
Message from "Gene" <sop@erols.com> (Re: [Leica] 12 or 16 mm white spot on M)