Subject: Re: [Leica] LS 2000 and Ektachrome 200
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:30:08 -0700

Rich Jackson wrote:

> I have been using a Leica M system in conjunction with a Nikon LS 2000
> scanner for several years. In the past I used print film and got very good
> results. I recently went on a vacation to Europe and decided to switch to
> Kodak Ektachrome 200 slide film.
>
> I just got some of my slides back and the results are vivid and sharp yet
> when I scan with the LS 2000 the results look dull and lackluster and
> anything but sharp. I have the updated firmware (ver 1.3.1) with the most
> recent software for Windows 2000 (2.5.1).
>
> I am at a loss as to what the problem is and would be grateful for guidance.
>
> Rich Jackson

Ektachrome 200 is nice film but the colors are quite muted compared to
most other films I've used.
Shoot some Ektachrome VS (very saturated) 100 and if those come out flat
than you know your outfit has real trouble with slides and you should go
back to ColorNeg which is where I'm at now it seems anyway.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com