Subject: Re: [Leica] need help on developing delta 100
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 18:01:08 -0700

"Olivier T. Nguyen" wrote:

> hi everyone,
> i have delta 100 film but i accidently set at 400.  Is there anyway that I
> can develop this film?
> this is  3 stops over under.
> thank you in advance
> Olivier
>
> --

You've under exposed it two stops give a  4 or 5  minutes more time in
the soup and you'll get your contrast back but not much of your shadow
detail at least in Xtol.

You are in effect "pushing" your film two stops.
In this sense "pushing" is more of a wish than a reality.

I don't think Xtol is really a pushing developer if that's what you are using.

I think the Kodak Tmax-RS? developer is a pushing developer but even
that i doubt is going to give you two stops in the shadows you didn't
expose for. But it may bring you halfway.

Also Acufine might give you a stop or more.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Olivier T. Nguyen" <onguyen@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] need help on developing delta 100)