Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: lens cleaning...
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:20:19 -0500

You can use paper toweling or Kleenex (not the ones treated with mineral
oil, like Puffs) as long as you do what you say below, i.e., tear them and
used the frayed end like a mop, with little or no pressure on the lens). My
major professor in grad school taught me the art of cleaning lenses, and it
has served me well. Last year, I bought his 50-year-old Summarit 50/1.5
LTM. By the way, it was filled with fungus and haze, but had no cleaning
marks of any kind on it.

Jeffery