Subject: [Leica] Re: Hands
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:43:12 +1000

Ted Grant writes:

> Martin Krieger wrote:
>
>> If you go to the leica website, they have a new ad campaign called Hands.
>> Photos of photogs with Leica, just hands and camera. I think it is
> dandy.<<<
>
> Martin,
> Quite frankly it's garbage! And I'm being as polite as I can under great
> restraint!

Of interest, the ads most remembered are considered the worst -- they stick
like "mud", but to be honest, this is rather a soppy series. It "appeals" to
the soft side at first, but then is so sentimental. It would be nice to see
something a bit more inventive "photographically", but perhaps it will have
the "desired" effect in "corportate" circles -- From Ted's comment, it will
not convince pros to use/buy Leica ;-)

Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com
http://www.familyofman2.com