Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda really long. ;-)
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:04:34 -0700

On 7/11/02 3:34 AM, "Mike Cahill" <mcahill2@comcast.net> wrote:

> BTW, before we get into a hissy fit about the Bill of Rights, let's
> understand one thing;  these rights are granted to the citizens of the US by
> the constitution, not foreigners here illegally.

Not true. The Bill of Rights, as well as all U.S. Constitutional rights
apply to ANYONE within the borders of the United States - citizen or not,
here legally or illegally. (Unless, as we've seen recently, the person in
question is summarily deemed an "enemy combatant," in which case, apparently
Constitutional rights do not apply even if one is a U.S. Citizen.)

>Not to be xenophobic, but by now, if the Justice department does not know
>the whereabouts and situation of every Arab national here in the US then we
>have a lot more to worry about than some petty violation of the Bill of
>Rights.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't happen to think that
there  are any "petty" violations of the Bill of Rights.

Bryan

Replies: Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (RE: [Leica] airport security kinda really long. ;-) - Very OFF-TOPIC, but what the hey!)