Subject: Re: [Leica] Courtship - new series of photos
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:24:50 -0400

From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>

>  ...  http://www.pbase.com/phong/courtship
>
>  Firstly well done. Its a big step to move up to imaging strangers and
>  getting comfortable with it. Secondly, I like #7 best. It is tight
>  and tells the most intimate story. As for the rest, the more distant
>  images were so so, and I was especially disappointed that the angle
>  they were taken from was always the same.

Alastair,

Thanks for your comments.  They mean a lot to me.
I enjoy photographying people a lot; besides we are all strangers
in the beginning, right ?  The monotonous same angle came from the
fact that I did not want to remind the couple of my presence, once they
got back to each other; I sat at one place at a distance from them (~25 feet)
and stayed there the whole time.  #7 is actually a crop of the same angle
and distance as the rest of the photos.  They were all taken with a 70-200
zoom, sometimes with a 1.4 extender.  I use a long lens for people
photography sometimes.

Thanks again for your feedback,

- - Phong