Subject: RE: [Leica] airport security kinda really long. ;-) - VeryOFF-TOPIC, but what the hey!
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:59:52 -0400

> As far as the Second Amendment goes, a non-citizen has the same rights as a
> citizen. And while I'm not trying to spark a debate here, the Second
> Amendment, as interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court, has never been held to
> bestow an unlimited right on individuals to own guns. Nor has it ever been
> applied to the individual States, who are free to restrict gun ownership as
> they see fit.

About this last statement:  wouldn't that be "unconstitutional" ?
I should go to study law.   I should stop participating in this thread
before Brian Reid kicks me off the list for talking politics and religion.
I know the U.S.  Constitution won't protect me in that case.   :-)
See you over the LUG Forum:  lugforum@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

- - Phong