Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica, longevity, and advertising
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:05:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/02 10:56:30 AM, dorysrus@mindspring.com writes:

<< Lest we get carried away, how many camera companies are no longer with us

since just the fifties?

Zeiss Ikon

Mamiya in 35mm

Voigtlander

Topcon

Petri

Exacta

Miranda

Practica

Nikon is rumored to be on the market again although if Canon can't buy them

for political reasons I don't know who: maybe someone in Hong Kong?

There are many more.  So Leica has done something right whether it is just

really good design, luck, advertising, a group of crazies, whatever.

Don

dorysrus@mindspring.com

I'll repeat my throwdown challenge in this thread as well as the HANDS
thread.  For those LUGGERS who hate the current Leica hands campaign (as well
as hating previous campaigns), I'd be interested in seeing what kind of
visual meets advertising copy they would produce if they were at the helm of
Leica.

Create something you think would be worthy and let us all see it.

- -kim