Subject: [Leica] O series replica shutter query
From: jeffwill <jeffwill@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:24:10 +0200

I have a question for those list members using an O series replica. I have
been using efke 25 and found I had good results with the O. However
occasionally I had a band on the right side of the negative when I left the
lens cap off for some minutes. As the manual says "it is recommended to
leave the cap in place at all times except when taking a photo".
Last weekend I tried a 400 ASA TMAX film in bright sunlight. The exposures
were all 1/500th at f12 and I usually had the lens cap off for around 30
seconds while I framed the shot and released the shutter ( things do not
happen fast with the O  ;-)  ). However most of my frames have a bar down
the right side indicating a light leak. I suspect it is a characteristic of
the camera that becomes apparent only with fast film as I guess most films
were pretty slow in 1923 and my exposures with efke only rarely show this
problem.  However just in case it is my camera and not a characteristic
which all of them exhibit can someone let me know if they have this problem
with their O replica.
A sample shot with the light leak is shown under "O series" on
http://fr.photos.yahoo.com/jeffwill_nz
Ignore the PAW album as I am too swamped with other stuff to keep up.
Regards
Jeff le kiwi

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] O series replica shutter query)