Subject: [Leica] New User
From: "Philip Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:11:50 -0500

My name is Phil Leeson, live in Dubuque, Iowa, USA.
Typical (I think) story:  ~30 years of amateur work, starting in High
School yearbook, mainly used Nikon gear till recently.  (I still have a
B&W darkroom with an Omega B-22)  I always wished for a Leica and have
had the Mini3 for a while.  Several years ago, the family made a trip to
Europe, I lugged an F2 with 43-86 zoom and a couple of other lenses.  My
16 y/o daughter took the mini.  When we got home and went through the
pictures, the Leica ones were the best of the bunch,  to my eye.  This
of course intensified the want for a real Leica.
Have been selling off Nikon stuff and buying R series equip on ebay for
about 6 mo now, all at pretty low prices.
This year is our 25th wedding anniversary and I gave my wife a  ring and
she gave me a new M6TTL and 3 used lenses (35-50-90).  Needless to say,
we know who shopped for whom in both instances!
Having been bitten hard by the bug, I also more recently purchased the
Digilux1 to replace a FujiMX700.
While the film pictures so far seem great, I'm slow to develop the B&W
ones and haven't scanned in many slides yet, but have managed to get
some digilux ones up on photo.net that are here:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=220702

Thanks for looking --  these were primarily test shots of minimal
artisitc merit, but I must say I was pleased with the quality after all
the negative reviews on the net.  I  posted some info on the Leica
digital forum  as well.

Phil