Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Flash guide numbers and they work? OT
From: Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:40:24 -0300

After all the answers, about all that needs to be added is that the
guide number is computed assuming the picture will be taken within a
room. Wall reflections are built in the number; if you're working on the
open, you may need to open up the aperture. Another thing is that if
you're doing macro work, flash distances are measured from the back of
the hot shoe (nearest place to the focal plane, where distance markings
on the lens are measured from)and not from the front of the reflector.
This difference is trivial at normal distances. This I found by trial
and painful error...

Cheers,
Amilcar