Subject: [Leica] Bessa R2 VF vs M6/7
From: "John Abela" <jamriman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:01:25 -0400

I just hung out with Rich Pinto at Photovillage. After comparing my M7
and Rich's M6's there is no question in my mind. I hate to admit it but
I like the Bessa R2 better. Its definitely cooler and brighter! The
leicas VF have a dim yellowish tint to them. How can a $500 R2 beat the
M6/7? No idea. This is what Steven Gandy says: "VERY Bright Viewfinder,
Rangefinder spot, and framelines, many photogs find it as bright as or
brighter than the Leica M6, believe it or not. The Bessa R or R2 do not
have the occasional Rangefinder Patch flare of the M6 which can make the
M6 patch virtually disappear under some lighting conditions. However,
you do have to be careful to keep your eye centered in the R2 RF/VF for
optimum viewing". I am seriously thinking of dumping my .58 ttl M6 for
one. Any comments are welcome, thanks. BTW Rich has them in for $500 a
pop, can't go wrong! Also Rich, (in case you're reading) it's a .7 VF
not .72. I knew it was a bit wider!

Regards,
John

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Bessa R2 VF vs M6/7)