Subject: Re: [Leica] Steve Unsworth PAW 27 alternative alternative
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 18:12:13 -0700

Steve Unsworth ...
> OK, I know I shouldn't do this but here is an alternative to my main
> week 27 PAW shot. Same girls, different expressions.
>
> http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/Misc_html/Misc_page01.htm
> Perhaps it should have been PAW?<<<<

Steve mon ami,
Oh my, oh my, what a pity you didn't use this one as the main!

My goodness look at the intensity of the eyes of the girl in the middle.
Like WOW! The moment of truth is about to be revealed. Like here comes the
"very big moment of truth" from the girl on the left telling all!

Even the girl on the right has all "eyes for the moment of truth!" Both
pictures are wonderful moments, but when you put them up for comparison my
son, you picked the wrong one the first time. :-)

 There is a great learning here for all. No matter how much we "think we
know what's best of what we shoot" the chances are someone as an independent
editor sees things with completely different eyes. Providing of course "that
someone" doesn't want to offend the photographer by speaking the truth.

Some of you wonder why some professionals have someone who works with them
as an independent voice on the quality of the photographs from any
assignment?

In my case, I have Sandy Carter who with her editing comments can almost put
me on the floor in tears with her hard nose truthful editing! Trust me,
sometimes I want to almost choke her.... but I can't do that, simply because
she's one of the best photo editors I know.

She can make you think you're the king one day and rip you assunder the
next, but damn she's good and 99.99999% of the time right. So that makes her
almost a perfect photo editor. And when we've been on an assignment
together, OH jeeeeeessssus! She's even worse, because she remembers all the
ithings I should've taken and didn't, or did it poorly in her eyes.

So Steve my friend the next time you have two beautiful picture moments like
this... post both as the main  ..... then let the gals and guys sort it out
for themselves. ;-)

That ,or I'll send Sandy over to Paris to twist yer tail! ;-)

ted