Subject: Re: [Leica] Update on Nikon 8000ED scanner
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 09:22:47 -0400

Err, Darrell.  I don't think you need to drive 2800DPI at the printer.  For
color if you send a file at around 300DPI you will get all you need.  The
printer prints at 2800 DPI to provide a smooth tone and blend the colors.

For piezography I believe that larger files work better but still only in
the magnitude of two times.

Don donning the asbestos but wanting the correct information out there.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com