Subject: [Leica] Print DPI
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:52:22 -0400

Darrell,  if your prints are blotchy then some part of your work flow is
causing the blotches.  I'm running pretty basic stuff, scans at 3600 dpi and
an Epson 1270.  At print sizes up to 13x19 I'm not getting any graininess
from slower films.

What kind of sharpening are you doing?  When I first started I was getting
"grainy" images but I was way oversharpening.

Also, occasionally I get a plaid pattern as some combination of grain and
driver causes this. Usually that can be cured by rescanning at another dpi.

Don
dorysrus@mindspirng.com