Subject: RE: [Leica] Update on Nikon 8000ED scanner
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:22:52 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Phong. I am sure to some of the digital pros
these are probably pretty basic questions, but at
least it has generated lots of response and debate on
the Leica and Hasselbald user group lists. I'm a
novice on digital printing so it is helpful to me.

In answer to your 6X7 question. I posted a message on
the Hasselbald list, but will add a bit of it here
since there seem to be a number of folks that use
medium format on the Leica list....

If you want prints up to 8X10 or 8.5X11 the Epson 2450
will be fine most of the time if printed on a current
vintage desktop printer. My problem is that I am
printing on an Epson 3000 which is 5 to 7 year old
technology in order to get larger size prints...

My cheap Epson 2450 scanned images that are printed on
my cheap HP deskjet at 8.5X11 look much better than my
Nikon 8000 scanned prints off the Epson 3000 at
8.5X11. If you don't plan to go larger than that I
would go with the 2450 and a good quality Epson or HP
desktop photo printer.