Subject: RE: [Leica] Trade off between film and lens speed
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:54:07 +0200

Peter

Well personally it all depends on the light and whether I want to use
the Nocti wide open. For example if you look at...
http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_25alt1.htm
Or
http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_25alt2.htm

Both were at f1 and I used Delta 3200 at 1600 ASA because the light was
so bad (exposure was about 1/30th of a second). Normally the first
question I ask myself is do I _want_ to use the Nocti at f1 - this is
very subject dependant - and then what is the slowest film I can use
with the camera hand held (in practise this means 1/30th or faster). So
I guess there is no simple answer :-)

Steve