Subject: Re: [Leica] Tom Smart PAW 27
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:02:32 -0500

Tom,
    Just looked at your site as I'm going back and trying to see lots of PAWs
that I missed over the last few weeks.  I hope you'll pardon me if I repeat
comments you've heard before.
    I like 27.  The anxiety of these people is palpable, and I like the
difference in reactions--the woman in the foreground looks stunned, the mother
and daughter--I'm assuming--appear to be very upset, bordering on hysteria.
You capture a mood here---a rather unpleasant one--powerfully here.
    Week 28's pair doesn't do too much for me.  Cute kids, but their smiles
seem assumed and forced.  The light on the cyclists looks pretty flat to me--a
high noon shot?  I don't know if you find it to be true, but I always have a
tougher time with posed shots than with candids.  :-)
    Keep snapping and posting.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net