Subject: Re: [Leica] New StreetKid Galleries Up
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:32:47 -0700

Hi Scott;
Well, at least you're pointing your camera in the direction of the
activity.
When you 'see' a shot that impels you to put the camera to your face,
that is just the start of it. While I haven't seen your proof sheets, if
there are any, I would bet that I would see the shots posted as stand
alone's. Meaning after you took it, and maybe only later surprised
yourself with it, you didn't work the framing. The framing is still a
little ragged and doesn't display your control of your medium. Don't be
afraid to take half a dozen shots from different angles. Many times
moving the camera just centimetres in different angles will add a depth,
or clarity, that is read more easily by the viewer.
Some of the dead space in your compositions doesn't appear well thought
out. I would reconsider that for some time down the road when you have a
little more experience.
You need a 28-35 for what you're doing, a 40 is too narrow. See if your
mentor can lend you a 35mm for now. That extra 5mm is dramatically noticeable.
Throw away the Tmax3200, or trade with an unsuspecting bumpkin for
Neopan 1600. Rate that at 800, or if you really must at 1000. The Tmax
is a pathetic emulsion that borders on a disrespect on Kodak's part in
even presenting to the marketplace.
Best,
 Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] New StreetKid Galleries Up)