Subject: Re: [Leica] Test images from Nikon 8000 and Epson 3000
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:17:25 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting thought on the cables Don.  I don't think
that they are a problem but...The cable is a six foot
Belkin parallel cable.  My other option is I have  a
six foot USB to parallel cable that I could use.  I
think I tried that a few weeks ago and still had the
problem, but I'll swap them out and see.  Any
recommendation on where to get heavily shielded or
grounded cables?

In trying to think what might cause noise in the cable
the only thing near it that has been there all along
is the surge protector strip that came with the
Gateway...It has eight electrical devices plugged into
it at the moment, including a Palm cradle, Computer
Monitor, Computer, Speakers, Nikon Scanner, the color
Epson 3000, an old HP Laser Jet printer, and a quartz
drafting light.  Might be an idea to replace the surge
protector with a good batter back up/surge protector
system and try to keep the printer cable away from it
(hard to do since everything is at the back of the
PC)...

Thanks for the thought...I'll work on it. DJ