Subject: [Leica] search engine alternative to GOOGLE
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:57:01 -0700

Apparently GOOGLE has instituted a new "feature" to their
search engine.  When their program thinks you have
misspelled a word, they force an alternate spelling on you
and display the results for that spelling.  Prior to this,
the program would ask "did you mean?" and allow the user a
choice as to what they meant.

Since I  have used google to research photography and the
older LUG goings-on and spend about 30 percent of my time at
work searching for and harvesting data, Google's big
advantage of using cached pages has been neutralized by
their new feature.

Any suggestions for alternate search engines, preferably
with cached pages?

Regards, Bill Larsen
wlarsen@ocsnet.net

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] search engine alternative to GOOGLE)