Subject: Re: [Leica] When f 1 is too mush!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:40:43 -0700

Ted described to me several years ago his thing of shooting at 1000/th
of a second about the first time we ever communicated.
The F stop falls where they may. Wide open is nice but you'll get
stopped down one or two or the full range down to f 16.
I hope i remember this right it's what I do a lot of at least at this
point now that I have a Noctilux.
- - - - Often my working system.
I even do it with some of my other lenses.
I guess it's the system to use mainly in bright sunlight.

For some reason it often works out better then starting out at F1 or F2
and matching the shutter speed to that.
A system for lower light.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA